Archive for February, 2006
I wanted to share another piece of “history”, with my SMW Playstation2 Port.
I would like also to take the opportunity to thanks :
- The Froggies (the french team we created for our ps2 projects), and particulary Tmator.
- Gawd, that made a amazing work on the SDL Library port on the ps2 (among other great things.
- The ps2dev website for great people, and an amazing amount of information )
About SMW :
Super Mario War is a Super Mario Deathmatch game.
The goal is to stomp as many other Marios as possible to win the game.
It’s a tribute to Nintendo and “Mario War by Samuele Poletto”.
- Up to four players deathmatch fun
- Hilarious unreal tournament announcers (m m m monsterkill)
- The whole source code of the game is available
- uses SDL & SDL_Mixer (PS2 port by Gawd)
- CPU Players
- a whole bunch of game modes
Main Original Developers:
- Florian Hufsky
- Michael Schaffer
The PS2 version is based, by now, on a very old version of smw (1.10), was only a WIP version.
But since it was already playable and fun, I decided to release this first version
Super Mario War v1.10b5
Binary & Sources are available from any retro-gaming & PS2 homebrew website.
But if you cannot find it, and can’t live without it, you can also drop me an email
Official SMW page at smw.72dpiarmy.com